One of my favorite Christmas traditions is to make homemade ornaments with the kids every year — and I like to start when they’re babies! Having a precious handprint or footprint painted on an otherwise plain ornament helps to make baby’s first Christmas that much more special. Going the DIY route is also a fantastic way to make memories while capturing those early moments in a keepsake that will last for years to come.
The best part about all this? Making Christmas ornaments becomes a family tradition that you can start no matter how little your child is. (And if you’re worried about ornaments safe for baby, give this post a quick read!).
Get my eBook >> How to Create a Magical Christmas with Baby (Includes Bonus Printables!)
Below you will find 20 of our favorite Holiday keepsakes that you can create with your baby from day 1!
The links below contain an adorable array of ways to commemorate that first Christmas. From classic handprint and footprint salt dough ornaments to colorful Christmas tree and photo ornaments – you’re sure to find a favorite!
Click the links below to see each Christmas ornament and start creating beautiful memories this holiday!
- Salt Dough Snowman Keepsake
- Fingerprint Christmas Tree Ornament
- Handprint Photo Keepsake Ornament
- Handprint Ornament for Baby
- Handprint Santa Ornament
- Salt Dough Handprint Christmas Tree
- Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
- Homemade Salt Dough Ornaments
- Reindeer Handprint Ornament
- Simple Salt Dough Handprint Ornament
- Salt Dough Handprint Ornaments
- Mitten Tree Keepsake
- Mod Podged Christmas Ornament
- DIY Christmas Photo Ornament
- First Christmas Ornament
- Footprint Ornament Craft
- Baby Food Jar Ornament
- Handprint Snowman Ornament
- DIY Ultrasound Snow globe Ornament
- Photo Transfer Ornament (Video)